The European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino: cross-border cooperation
Under the guise of shared identities and values, the Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino Euro-Region stands for cooperation to promote a virtuous system and create new opportunities.
The transnational alliance giving birth to Tour of the Alps was born in 1998 as European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation, involving the Austrian land of Tyrol and the Italian Region of Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol.
Culture, education, research. Economy, tourism, development. Energy, environment, health, and sustainable mobility. The Euro-Region is a model for Europe, a virtuous example of cooperation and unity.
With their peculiarities, Tyrol, South Tyrol and Trentino all place citizens and social development at the heart of every policy.
By no coincidence, the euro-regional borders resemble those of the Tyrol region during the Habsburg monarchy. However, history is far from being the only common factor among the regions. Tyrol, South Tyrol and Trentino share the Alps, an invaluable 'green lung' amid continental Europe. A paradise made of woods, fresh air and beautiful landscapes, representing a shared and vital reference like the values carried by the euro-regional alliance.
The Euro-Regional alliance is projected to face future challenges together, with the sporting spirit represented by the Tour of the Alps acting both as a valuable communication vector and remarkable forerunner and testing ground for a more ambitious and strategic cooperation.
Discover the Euro-Region’s Values:
The Tour of the Alps came to light with a memorandum of understanding signed by the Presidents of Tyrol, South Tyrol and Trentino.
With this MoU, the regions consecrated the values of the euro-regional alliance and the Tour of the Alps. Enhancing the cycling connection shared among Tyrol, South Tyrol and Trentino, as valorized by their tourism economy.
- Sustainable mobility to seize the territory at its best. Within the Alpine frame, marked by limited spaces and natural resources to be preserved, alternative mobility is essential for better matching the people’s daily lifestyle and the demands of the market and business. For this reason, the Euro-Region and Tour of the Alps promote awareness campaigns and solutions for sustainable mobility to respect the Alpine environment.
1. Discover mesmerising Dolomites in an environmentally friendly way.
2. A South Tyrolean holiday in harmony with nature.
3. Mobility and tourism: discover the Tyrol model
- Living Alps: the perfect match between nature, history, and culture. A journey immersed in the Alpine traditions assumes the active participation of native communities. Crossing the euro-regional territory, the concept of Living Alps shows his best face: the Alps are the perfect match between unspoiled nature, traditions, and unique cultural heritage.
1. Art and culture in Trentino: each day brings you a new experience.
2. Attractions in South Tyrol: the essence of a territory characterized by harmonious contrasts.
3. Tyrol: culture and traditions in a moderne interface.
Respect for nature. Sustaining the fragile balance between man and nature is one of the main goals of the Euro-Regio. The regions face and resolve problems regarding the exploitation of natural resources in terms of sustainable development. The beautiful landscapes are a critical value for the Euro-Region: for this reason, the Tour of the Alps gives his contribution to promoting environmental sustainability.
1. If you love nature, discover the places to visit in Trentino.
2. Places not to miss in South Tyrol
3. Discover the most visited places in Tyrol.
Lifestyle. From the shops found in the Alpine cities to a culinary suggestion capable of conquering tourists, and the feeling of freedom emerging after a hike at high altitudes: Euro-Region is a byword for Alpine lifestyle under every facet.
1. The top 6 mountain huts in Trentino at the height of the finest restaurants.
2. Restaurants and taverns in South Tyrol.
3. The culinary offer in Tyrol.
- Hospitality. Mountains have always been traditionally considered a symbol of entrenchment. However, in the euro-regional territories, mountains mean hospitality and generosity. The Euro-Region's vocation for hospitality is well-known and praised by tourists, business travelers and guests passing through.
1. Trentino, a story to tell for every location.
2. To recharge soul, body and spirit in South Tyrol
3. Discover the Alpine huts in Tyrol.
- High-quality services. Discovering the beauty of the Euro-Region was made easy thanks to the exceptional quality of the services. The touristic packages are characterized by different peculiarities, offering visitors the possibility to organize his travel to suit the needs of his family. The quality standard carried by the Euro-Region is perceivable at every corner, at any time.
1. Trentino's tourist packages for a weekend in the mountains.
2. The big South Tyrolean offer for all ages.
3. Discover the Tyrol summer offer.
- Sportsmanship - in individuals' lifestyle and events' organization. The Euro-region believes in sports as a means for social education and territorial promotion. Sports are fundamental to get young people to practice healthy lifestyles while positively influencing the life expectancy of the elders. Besides, sports events like the Tour of the Alps are considered an essential flywheel for the territory's promotion, given the ability to enhance the geographical and touristic peculiarities.
1. Guide to the trekking routes in Trentino.
2. Hiking and mountain climbing in South Tyrol.
3. The best excursions in Tyrol.