The European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino was established in 2011 as a European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation by the Autonomous Provinces of Bolzano and Trento and the Land Tyrol and unites all parts of the historical Tyrol. However not only historical backgrounds connect the three countries, but also the geographical location in the heart of the Alps.
Beyond the state borders, the three countries face the challenges of the future together and work across borders on topics such as mobility, culture, research or youth in order to create new opportunities and additional value for the citizens of the European Region. The second edition of the “Tour of the Alps” is under the patronage of the European Region and becomes the ambassador for sustainable mobility and health care in the three territories.
The shared values of the three Euroregions
The inception of the first Euregio’s cycling races is loaded with significant meanings, even beyond sports, and unites three destinations looking to promote themselves as a unique touristic system, characterized by strong bounds with cycling as a whole.
While having their respective peculiarities, the three territories share a batch of identifying values that represent the foundations of the new project:
• Alternative mobility as an opportunity to enjoy and live the territory without cars, in a sustainable way;
• The concept of “Livable Alps”, a match between nature, history and culture;
• The respect for Nature, the greatest touristic attraction of these territories;
• Health, wellness and sport as the population’s lifestyle
• The hospitality of touristic facilities and the eagerness to build personal relationships;
• The touristic facilities’ high quality of service, products and professionalism;
• Sportiness, both as practice and sports events organization